Child Care Law and Children Law
In the breakdown of any relationship it can be difficult deciding on the best arrangements for the children, including where they should live and how often they should see the other partner. We will do our best to resolve these issues for you, again without the need for Court proceedings. If this is not possible then we can advise you on mediation and represent you in Court.
The common areas of our Children Law Practice include the following:
- Care Orders
- Secure Accommodation Orders
- Child maintenance
- Child Arrangement Orders (formerly Residence and Contact Orders) for parents or other family members
- Prohibitive Steps Orders and Specific Issue Orders
- Changing children’s Names
- Applications to Court for Leave to Remove a Child from the United Kingdom
There are two types of proceedings about children: public and private.
- Public Law – Involves your family with children’s services
- Private Law- Involves disputes concerning where children should live, time they should spend with other adults after a divorce, civil partnership dissolution or separation.
Here at Clodes Solicitors we can provide advice on all aspects of Child care law so don’t hesitate in contacting us today.